- Uruguay has a system of territorial taxation on income and capital which means that only Uruguayan source income is taxed.
- Offers freedom of fund movement, significant banking system regulation and general legal certainty.
- There must be a minimum of two partners however, once incorporated the entire capital equity may be held by just one person.
- S.A. company may issue registered or bearer shares. In the case of bearer shares, the ownership of the shares must be declared at the Central Bank of Uruguay.
- It is not necessary for the final company beneficiary to declare or reveal themselves, only the shareholder.
- The board can be composed of one person or corporation, regardless of nationality or residence. The board should register with the Public Registry of Commerce and is responsible for the company, its shareholders and third parties.
- The S.A. should conduct its own accounting and bookkeeping where they must record and prepare annual account reports and annual tax returns.
- The tax on business activity income (corporate income tax) is 25%, taxing only income from Uruguayan sources. Foreign source income activities or investments are tax-free.
- If the company had no taxable activity during a year, an annual statement must be submitted stating this fact.
- Interest, dividends and royalties are also based on the territorial taxing system.
- Special procedures do exist on: trading, investments, free zones, etc.
What You Get with your Order
- Incorporation of the company
- Government fees
- Fiscal domicile
- Resident agent
- Annual administration which includes a Registered Office and necessary annual maintenance for Public Records and other authorities
(*) Due to the laws and regulations of this country you will need to send us an email and cannot apply for a company online.
After making your payment please complete the Incorporation Form. This will provide the information we need to assist you promptly.